Out of School Club Assistant at Ashlands C of E First School
Starting Grade13: 17-21 (£9.21–£10.43 per hour)
Job Share: 2 sessions per week 3.15-6pm – term time only
From September 2017
Ashlands Church of England First School is a warm and welcoming school in the heart of the local community and we are very proud of our energetic and enthusiastic children. We run an Out of School Club during term time and we have a job share vacancy for a Club Assistant for two sessions a week (the post holder will be required to cover absence).
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Out of School Club provides high quality childcare, within a positive, safe and happy environment. They will be responsible for preparing and assisting with snack selection and planning, preparing and delivering a programme of suitable activities to cater for the varying needs of each individual during the session.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has effective communication skills
- Has a caring attitude
- Can show tact and sensitivity
- Has good observational skills
- Has an approachable style
- Has thorough knowledge of the school policies, procedures and protocols
- Has the ability to work as part of a team and to apply given instructions
- Is able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency
- Has a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Has Level 1 food hygiene (min) / training will be given
- Has received Child protection training / training will be given
- Has First Aid / training will be given
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior appointment with the Headteacher. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
- Closing date for applications: 22 September 2017
- Interviews : w/c 25 September 2017
Ashlands Church of England First School is committed to the safeguarding of pupils and this will form part of the recruitment process.
Breakfast Club Co-ordinator/Supervisor at Misterton C of E First School
Grade: Breakfast Club Co-ordinator/Supervisor
Hours: 7.45 to 8.45am, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
Main Purpose of Job: The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Breakfast Club provides high quality childcare, within a positive, safe and happy environment. They will be responsible for menu planning, purchasing, serving and assisting with breakfast selection and planning/preparing a programme of suitable activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Essential: A minimum of NVQ level 2 or equivalent
Essential: Level 1 food hygiene (min) – training will be given
Essential: Child protection training – training will be given
Essential: First Aid – training will be given
Effective communication skills
A caring attitude
Tact and sensitivity
An approachable style
Thorough knowledge of the school’s policies, procedures and protocols
Ability to work as part of a team and to apply given instructions
Able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency