Vision and Values
Our Vision Statement:
“Love of learning, Love of life, Love of one another”
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
As a Church of England First school, our vision is deeply rooted in a strong Christian tradition and it is to develop happy, young people with enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, respect for themselves, others and the environment so that they will have the skills, resilience and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
The bible verses that set our vision statement in context come from the words of Jesus:” I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” ‘Life in all its fullness’ John 10.10.
Children are at the heart of everything that we do. Our School works in partnership with parents, our local church and the wider Diocese to nurture confident and responsible children who respect other faiths and adopt positive roles in the community. Our Christian values are promoted in all aspects of school life and we encourage all members of our community to promote an ethos where care and respect is shown to everyone.
We are inclusive and welcoming to those of all backgrounds and faiths; all individuals are respected, supported and nurtured.
We believe that our school provides a stimulating learning environment, encourages excellence, actively promotes British values and enables children to achieve their full potential.
The Ashlands and Misterton Federation is built on a Christian ethos. This is reflected in its aims and objectives for every child and adult within the Federated community.
Our Christian core values are; compassion, friendship, respect, trust, forgiveness and aspiration. These are all rooted in love.
“Love of learning, love of life, love of one another”
‘Life in all it’s fullness’ John 10:10.
It is our vision to build a school community dedicated to providing optimum learning for each child in a happy atmosphere. We aim:
- To encourage children’s curiosity and questioning to deepen their understanding of the world around them and to respect the natural environment.
- To develop children’s awareness of self, community and global issues whilst fostering responsible behaviour and the belief that we develop with each other and that together we are more.
- To maintain a culture of challenge and high expectation, which enables individuals to reach their potential through the provision of high quality teaching, support and leadership.
- To provide an engaging, relevant and fun curriculum that fosters an enthusiasm for learning and ensures children are well prepared for education, work and life.
- To encourage a culture of continuous reflection and improvement which challenges and inspires everyone to always be the best they can be.
- To celebrate, praise and encourage every child’s uniqueness and inspire children to believe that no dream is too big.
- To establish effective teamwork across the whole school community ensuring everyone’s voice is heard and valued.
It is through the coming together of staff, governors, parents and children that these aims are achieved.