Welcome to Monkey Puzzle Class
Welcome to Monkey Puzzle Class. We are a Year 3 class with a thirst for knowledge. Keep up to date with all of the fun things that we are doing in Monkey Puzzle Class here on our page. For more information about life in Monkey Puzzle Class, look at our latest newsletter.
Monkey Puzzle Team
Mr William Hopkinson – Class Teacher
Miss Jasmine Sweet – Teaching Assistant
Mrs Millett – Teaching Assistant
Every morning the children will come in and complete a morning challenge, this will be linked to our current learning in Mathematics or English. This is then followed by the register and Guided Reading. Next it is Mathematics and then break time. Then the children will have a SPaG/Phonics session, after which will be English. Once lunchtime has finished the afternoon will be full of fun Topic work.
Homework goes home on Wednesday’s and is expected to be back in on the following Monday.
Class Lunchtime Prayer
Thank you world so sweet,
Thank you for the food we eat,
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you God for everything.
Class End of Day Prayer
Thank you for the teachers,
Thank you for our friends,
Thank you for our families,
Thank you for this day,
Place Value Objectives
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100; find 10 or 100 more or less than a given number
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a three-digit number (hundreds, tens, ones)
- Compare and order numbers up to 1000
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
- Read and write numbers up to 1000 in numerals and in words
- Solve number problems and practical problems involving these ideas.
Addition and Subtraction Objectives
Add and subtract numbers mentally, including:
- a three-digit number and ones
- a three-digit number and tens
- a three-digit number and hundreds
- Add and subtract numbers with up to three digits, using formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction
- Estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers