Welcome to Monkey Puzzle Class
Welcome to Monkey Puzzle Class. We are a Year 3 class with a thirst for knowledge. Keep up to date with all of the fun things that we are doing in Monkey Puzzle Class here on our page. For more information about life in Monkey Puzzle Class, look at our latest newsletter.
Monkey Puzzle Team
Mr William Hopkinson – Class Teacher
Miss Rose Obern – Teaching Assistant
Miss Emma Wyatt – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
RE, PSHE and French
Mrs Jayne Grasby – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Class Lunchtime Prayer
Thank you world so sweet,
Thank you for the food we eat,
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you God for everything.
Class End of Day Prayer
Thank you for the teachers,
Thank you for our friends,
Thank you for our families,
Thank you for this day,
Place Value Objectives
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100; find 10 or 100 more or less than a given number
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a three-digit number (hundreds, tens, ones)
- Compare and order numbers up to 1000
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
- Read and write numbers up to 1000 in numerals and in words
- Solve number problems and practical problems involving these ideas.
Addition and Subtraction Objectives
Add and subtract numbers mentally, including:
- a three-digit number and ones
- a three-digit number and tens
- a three-digit number and hundreds
- Add and subtract numbers with up to three digits, using formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction
- Estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers
November – December 2017
We are trying to become more fluent and efficient with our Maths, so have began to have a more prominent Mental Maths focus in every lesson. Take a look at some of the games we have been playing:
September – October 2017
Look at how we have used place value counters to help us with subtraction…
We have been writing fear tales in our English lessons. We went on a woodland walk to help us to think about different sounds we may hear and begin to imagine what could be making those sounds. Take a look at our photos and ideas.
A postcard from…
In our Topic work this term we have focused on the Tudors. We have learnt about the Tudor monarchs, Tudor houses and Henry VIII and his 6 wives.
Watch these videos to see us make our collage portraits of the Tudor Monarchs, which you can see on the wall outside our classroom.